The Centre for Monitoring and Research (CeMI) is organizing a national conference “Healthcare System and Patients’ Rights in Montenegro – Winning citizens’ confidence” on Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 at the PR Center, starting at 11 am.
The National Conference will be opened by H.E. Amb. Aivo Orav, Head of the EU Delegation of Montenegro and Dr. Kenan Hrapović, Minister of Health of Montenegro.
During the first panel “The rights of patients” speakers will be:
- Vesna Miranović, General Director, Ministry of Health
- Grana Bubanja, Ombudsman, Clinical Center of Montenegro
- Marko Savić, Project Coordinator, CeMI
- Stevo Muk, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Institut Alternativa
- Moderator: Nikoleta Tomović, Executive Director, CeMI
During the first panel the study “Healthcare System and Patients’ Rights in Montenegro – Winning citizens’ confidence” will be presented.
During the second panel “Health protection of marginalized groups” speakers will be:
- Miroslava Mima Ivanovic, Coordinator of the Legal Program and Anti-discrimination, UMHCG
- Tijana Žegura, Program Director, NGO Juventas
- Moderator: Marko Savić, Project Coordinator, CeMI
The second panel will be devoted to presenting an analysis of the quality of health care for members of marginalized groups.
The event will bring together representatives of health institutions from all levels of health care in Montenegro, representatives of international organizations, civil society organizations that monitor health care, and the media.
The National Conference is the finalization of the project “Healthcare System and Patients’ Rights in Montenegro – Winning citizens’ confidence” implemented by CeMI, in cooperation with the Association of Youth with Disabilities of Montenegro (UMHCG), the Center for Consumer Protection (CEZAP), the Center for Investigative Reporting (CIN) and the Committee of Human Rights Lawyers (YUCOM), and financed by the European Union through the EU Delegation to Montenegro.
You can download the event agenda HERE.