Centre for Monitoring and Research (CeMI) will organise on Wednesday 29 November at 10h the national meeting “Financial Investigations as an Instrument of Fighting Organised Crime and Corruption” at the PR Centre.
· Marijana LAKOVIĆ-DRAŠKOVIĆ, director general of the Directorate of the Judiciary at the Ministry of Justice and chief of the working group on Chapter 23;
· Zlatko Vujović, President of CeMI’s Board of Directors
After introductory speeches, the existing models of cooperation between institutions charged with investigations will be discussed by:
· Miloš ŠOŠKIĆ, state prosecutor in the High State Prosecution;
· Milenka ŽIŽIĆ, judge at the Court of Appeals;
· Jelena ĐURIŠIĆ, project researcher;
· Moderator: Nikoleta TOMOVIĆ, CeMI.
The establishment of efficient systems of communicating between all the relevant institutions in the domain of financial investigations will be addressed by:
· Stevo JANKOVIĆ, Department for Fighting Organised Crime and Corruption, Group for Financial Investigations and Suppression of Money Laundering and Financial Crime;
· Ivana MAŠANOVIĆ, Independent Counsellor at the Ministry of Justice;
· Moderator: Bojan BOŽOVIĆ, CeMI.
The project “Strengthening the Capacities of Investigation and Criminal Prosecution in the Countries of Western Balkans – Financial Investigations as an Instrument of Fighting Organised Crime and Corruption” is being implemented by CeMI in collaboration with partners: Association for Democratic Initiatives (ADI) from Sarajevo and Transparency Serbia from Serbia, with the financial support of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.