The Centre for Monitoring and Research (CeMI) is launching a call for the award of two two-year scholarships for the program of trial monitoring and activities in the legal department, which will be open until January 12, 2018.
- Participation in judicial assistance activities whose cases relate to corruption, organized crime, freedom of expression, terrorism, compensation of damages, as well as politically sensitive subjects, including the presence of searches, the examination of files and the collection of other information as needed;
- Viewing program reference materials, attending training sessions and engaging in other activities capacity building of the judiciary;
- Keeping records of meetings with relevant subjects (judges, prosecutors, lawyers and other participants in the proceedings);
- Reporting, including regular recording of weekly and monthly reports, on traceable items;
- Implementation of other activities for the purpose of more efficient realization of project activities and needs of the Legal Department (preparation of letters, scheduling of meetings, etc.)
- Student of law faculties in Montenegro, regardless of the level of studies (elementary, specialist, master or doctoral) and without working experience in the field of legal sciences;
- Basic knowledge of international legal sources and national legal regulations relating to the type of cases to be observed;
- Willingness to work on the ground;
- Knowledge of English language;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
We offer you full-time activities in which you will have the opportunity, through the process of monitoring the trial, to gain a lot of practical experience in the next 24 months, with a monthly fee of 200 €, identify shortcomings in the conduct of court proceedings, and in that way help in making recommendations whose the application will lead to further strengthening of the legal system.
How to apply:
If you believe that you meet the requirements of the competition, and you have the desire for further career advancement, please apply by submitting CV and motivation letter to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
The motivation letter should contain supporting elements that confirm the fulfillment of requirements, that is, that the candidate can respond to the job description.
Curriculum Vitae (CV) should be provided in the European form. You can find the form of a CV that you need to fill out HERE.