Centre for Monitoring and Research (CeMI) is implementing the project entitled “Electoral Integrity in Montenegro – Winning Citizens’ Trust – Presidential and local elections 2018.”
The purpose of the project is to increase the level of public trust in the electoral process, by contributing to foundation of democratic conditions for having transparent, free and fair presidential and local elections 2018 in Montenegro, thus preventing electoral frauds during electoral process.
The project is designed to prevent electoral frauds during presidential and local elections in 2018.
The project team will monitor the work of the State Election Commission, the Municipal Election Commissions, the Anti-Corruption Agency and electoral campaign. Based on reports from STOs, CeMI will issue a preliminary statement about regularity of the E-Day of presidential and local elections in Podgorica.
CeMI will publish the Final Report which will be the basis for further advocacy, two months after the E-day.
The project envisages the organization of the following activities:
• Monitoring of the performance of the State Electoral Commission and municipal election commissions in relation to proper implementation of the Law on Election of Councillors and Representatives and Law on Voter Register;
• Monitoring of the work of the Anti-Corruption Agency regarding the implementation of the Law on Financing of Political Entities and Electoral Campaigns;
• Monitoring of misuses of state resources in the pre-election period based on methodology developed by Transparency International – adapted and implemented by CeMI on previous elections in 2008, 2009 and 2012;
• Monitoring of the electoral campaign financing, rallies of political parties, media reporting and media;
• Trainings for Long-Term Observers and Short-Term Observers;
• Preparation of the software for election monitoring activities – which will enable citizens to follow results with real time updates through TV stations, internet, social networks etc., as the results from polling stations are reported and processed
• E-Day activities: Monitoring of the process of voting and counting of votes at all polling stations in Montenegro. Reporting all information to the public through website, press conferences, etc.
• Proposing recommendations for changes of the electoral legislation to all relevant institutions and political actors.
• Round table – Analysing performance of electoral administration – recommendations for improvement
The project is implemented with the support of the German Embassy in Montenegro.