Centre for Monitoring and Research held a press conference in order to present results of the research on perception of Montenegrin citizens regarding corruption in Montenegro. The press conference was held at the PR Centre on January 30, 2015, at 1 p.m.
Research on corruption in Montenegro was conducted among adult Montenegrin citizens on sample that included 737 respondents in the period December 10 – 30, 2014. Interviewing was conducted by telephone. Sample included 16 Montenegrin municipalities.
Subject of the survey was divided into four narrower problem circles:
• First is focused on perspectives and problems that Montenegro is currently facing;
• Second circle is related to perception of corruption – its extent, causes and consequences and sectors and stakeholders which are mostly exposed to its destructive influence;
• Third circle encompasses experiences of citizens and their immediate surroundings with different forms of corruption;
• Finally, subject of the survey was the attitude of citizens towards (un)successfulness of anticorruption policies, i.e. key institutions in charge of its implementation.
Speakers at the press conference were:
– Zlatko Vujovic, President of the Governing Board
– Maja Milikic, PR manager
The research was conducted within the project „Strengthening of Think Tank Capacities in Fight Against Corruption“, which is ssupported by Open Society Institute – Think Tank Fund from Budapest.