Restorative Justice Society - affirmation of the system of alternative sanctions in Montenegro
The project relies on the results of the project "Restorative Justice - Alternative Sanctions to resocialization! ”which was implemented by CeMI in 2020 and is based on data available to CeMI came with qualitative and quantitative research conducted within the previous project. Thus the project is in line with both the relevant strategic documents and the needs they point out the results of the implementation of the above mentioned project.
The aim of the project is to improve and promote the system of alternative sanctions in Montenegro.
The project will include a number of activities:
- Organizing a two-day training on alternative sanctions and measures for employees of the Directorate for parole and for judges, organizing a one-day training on alternative sanctions for employees of the Directorate for Probation and the Center for Social Work,
- Preparation of a brochure on the application of alternative sanctions and measures for judges, prosecutors and lawyers,
- Preparation of a brochure on the forms and benefits of alternative sanctions for citizens,
- Making storytelling videos about the positive effects of alternative sanctions in relation to institutional punishment, with special emphasis on the punishment of work in the public interest,
- Organizing a round table with representatives of the Directorate for Probation, the Center for Social Welfare labor, judicial office holders and NGO representatives.
The project is financially supported by the Ministry of Justice, Human and Minority Rights.