Combating gendered disinformation and online violence against women in politics in Montenegro by educating women and advocating campaign
Centre for Monitoring and Research (CeMI) is implementing a project entitled ‘’ Combating gendered disinformation and online violence against women in politics in Montenegro by educating women and advocating campaign’’.
The problem this project seeks to address is the under-representation of women in politics in Montenegro. The project will focus on the issue of gendered disinformation in Montenegro, e.g. spread of online harmful content against women in politics as a serious barrier for women who want to engage in public life.
The overall project goal is to contribute to the advancement of gender equality and women empowerment in Montenegro. This will be achieved through the realization of the specific project goal that aims to strengthen female participation in political and public life in Montenegro
CeMI will implement a set of activities that on the long-run will achieve the following:
- Raised public awareness on the phenomena of gendered disinformation and online harmful content against women in politics in Montenegro.
- Increased level of awareness of women in politics about their digital rights and how to respond to online violations, in particular during elections.
The project envisages the organization of the following activities:
· Social media monitoring on online violence and gendered disinformation in Montenegro
· Creation of online application for reporting online violence against women and gendered disinformation
· Production of the Live Display for the real time visualization of the social media posts
· Trainings for 50 women present in political and public life in Montenegro
· Final conference for presenting the report and advocacy of recommendations
The project is implemented with the support of the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives (CFLI).