On the way to the inclusion of the Romani population in the decision-making system in Montenegro
The goal of the project "On the way to the inclusion of the Romani population in the decision-making system in Montenegro" is to strengthen capacity members of the Romani population and their contribution to the political life of Montenegro.
The project directly affects the realization of strategic goals from the Minority Policy Strategy 2019-2023, which provides for the empowerment of members of minority peoples and other minority national communities for participation in the political life of Montenegro through education of members of minorities.
The following results are expected within this project:
- Strengthened capacities of organizations dealing with the protection of the rights of members of the Romani population to contribute to the improvement of their political participation in Montenegro.
- Raised public awareness of the rights and position of members of the Romani population in society
- Conducted advocacy campaign for inclusion of Romani population in the decision-making system in Montenegro
These results will be achieved by implementing the following activities:
- organization of trainings on political rights and political participation,
- organization of training to strengthen the capacity of organizations dealing with the protection of the rights of Romani populations to advocate for public policies and influence at the national level,
- drafting a policy brief with a defined proposal to amend the electoral legislation on Montenegrin, Romani and Albanian language,
- conducting a promotional campaign,
- organizing a round table and advocating for recommendations.
The project is financially supported by the Ministry of Justice, Human and Minority Rights.